Saturday, November 22, 2008


Today I am on the edge of... creating a BLOG. So this is the inaugural post of Misty on the edge of... My Mother always told me I should be writing a book - this will be a nice compromise. No publishing fees. No editors, save me.


So who am I - I guess you will get to know me through this blog. For starters I am in my mid 30's - the photo here was taken last week (let the sarcasm begin), have been married for 13 years, have four big dogs - a Great Dane, a Great Dansky (huskymix) a chocolate lab and a staffie, love mid century modern architecture, work for a large non profit organization in development, have not eaten meat in a little over six months, ON THE EDGE OF becoming vegan (this will be another post!) enjoy long walks on the beach..... this is beginning to sound like a singles post!!!!

I hope that if you have randomly stubbled upon this blog you will find it remotely entertaining. I intend to have current "on the edge of" topics, but also to do some "flashbacks" and provide some entertaining looks back at when I was on the edge of doing whatever - hindsight being 20/20 I'm sure it will be amusing.

So a little more about the title - it is an homage to one of my favorite artists - Ms. Stevie Nicks and her song "Edge of Seventeen". I have been contemplating a blog for sometime and could not for the life of me come up with a title. Early this morning I thought this would be great way to spark some topics and be a nice tip of the hat to Ms. Nicks.

So here it is the inaugural post - a little boring, but to my defense it is early Saturday morning and I have not yet finished my morning dose of caffeine. Although this morning I am thoroughly enjoying my pumpkin spice silk soy creamer.

I feel like I should be smashing a bottle of champagne on my computer like a christening ceremony for a ship! So here's to my blog:

"Many before me have taken to blogging. We have crafted the written word to provide opinions, instructions and amusement. These blogs will nurture and care for us through great times and through perilous times! To them we toast, and I ask you today to celebrate On the edge of... Everyone raise your glass (for me this morning it is a cup) and shout, "TO THE BLOGGERS OF OLD…TO MY NEW BLOG ON THE EDGE OF we toast". The moods of the blog are many, from tranquil to violent. We ask that this blog be given the strength to carry on. The keel is strong and she keeps out the pressures of the sea." Again raise your glasses or cups, and the shout, "TO THE BLOG...TO THE BLOGGERS OF OLD...TO THE SEA!"

Now I have to go and clean the coffee out of my keyboard - thank you for helping me christen my new blog! See you next post!

No comments:

Post a Comment